Saturday, December 30, 2006

Basement Clean-up


Basement clean-up
I haven’t yet written one of those personal-journal kind of blogs, but here goes.
Our basement. Ever have one of those rooms that you just avoid like crazy. Our basement is literally filled with junk and has been from the first day we moved in.

Yuck. I hate the place, so I avoid it. We all avoid it. If I have to go down there, I make sure to make the trip as quick and painless as possible. My daughter is the same. She doesn't want the junk; she wants room to do a few cartwheels. And Paul Darcy runs by the junk and hides in his fairly decent den.
Well, we, all of our family that goes with that "we," are going to clean that place up this week.
We all have some time and needs must clean.
Such a task takes vision. Sometimes I lose the kind of vision it needs to clean up such a disaster. My daughter, sounding rather like a self-help guru, tells me: "Mum. You can do it.
Anything that you believe, you can do!" How’s that for inspiration. I smile back. Where have I heard that speech before?
But this basement is a different kind of animal.

Is it possible?

1 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have rooms of junk. Out of sight, out of mind.

Have a very happy and safe New Year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home