Thursday, September 27, 2007

Writing update and other stuff

Well, this morning I polished off Chapter 38. Yes, I'm over 300 pages now, and have starting fitting my pages into a new binder. Hurray. Chapter 36-38, admittedly, have been much easier going because I already wrote the material in them a long time ago. So I was editing, and moving material around. Still, it's chapter 38 and that's nothing to sniff at.

Attempt #1 at eating locally. Well, I took a quick look at the food that happened to be lying on my counter. ummm. My dried apricots come from turkey (don't we grow apricots in Ontario?). My prunes are made in Canada - somewhere - pretty large space that is. And my big bag of dates come from Pakistan. It's truly a shocker when you realize how far much of your food has travelled. But noticing this is the first step to changing it.

On a completely different note, what a great thing it is to ride silently in the car. I'm sick of all the AUDIO books, and decided to try silence. It's relaxing and quiet, and defintitely worth trying. By the time I reach my destination, I feel as though I've actually had some peaceful time with myself. It's a bit of a revelation for an AUDIO BOOK a phile like me.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats! It's great when you have to get a bigger binder, isn't it? And that 300-page mark is mind boggling, when you actually stop to think, "I wrote all that??" I think this novel writing thing could become rather addictive.

The most baffling thing M. and I have found when trying to buy locally: hot house tomatoes from Spain. Um. We have greenhouses here too, don't we? I mean, if it's not even seasonal... sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home